Monday, January 18, 2010

Reposts, vol 4

I'm not usually someone given to displays of emotion, so it pretty much bugs me when my rational response is shunted aside in favor of some sort of self-hating quixotic kick. For instance: I know something to be true that I really wish wasn't. My rational mind tells me that any smidgen of hope otherwise is foolish. Yet...I can't help but hold out. It sucks.

My classes next semester, and why I'll fail them.

1. Writing in the Humanities and Social Sciences: American Political Film
-Unless we're watching Star Wars at some point in the class, I can see this as being one of those classes which I'm kinda hepped for during break, but which quickly becomes boring as shit. This is also a 9:30 class. I showed up for my 9:30 class this semester maybe 1/3rd of the time. It's way the fuck on the other side of campus, and I'll have to ride all the way back for...
2. Interpretation of Historic Places
-I'm really much more a fan of military history than personal history, but the military history class is at 8:55, which means I would never show up. Plus, the instructor for this class is pretty cool. Alas, he believes in utilizing my most stalwart antagonist: the weekly assignment.
3. Political Parties and Interest Groups
-I'm not even entirely sure that this will fulfill a degree requirement (maybe), but it sounds interesting. By interesting, I mean that it's going to devolve into the same idiocy every single political science class does. IE, Glenn Beck followers arguing with smug liberal Maher clones, not to mention the people who claim to be libertarians because they smoke pot. Ideally, the professor isn't going to encourage discussion.
4. 20th Century Europe
-I can't really think of anything that would trip me up in the class, but the professor's name is Dietmar Schneider-Hector. The fuck? That doesn't even make sense. I hate whenever my professors have hyphenated names. I sound goofy trying to talk to them.
5. Creative Writing: Prose
-I've taken one creative writing class, and it was pretty much a disaster. As usual I was tardy or close-to-it in turning in writing assignments. A great deal of my work was done on the due date. Most of the time, in composition classes and history, I'm able to make up for this by having better content than my more organized classmates. I was a goddamn C+ student in that class. I can knock out a dry research paper with little effort and get a B+ minimum. If I'm just given free reign, and have to (God forbid) use my shriveled, movie-and-tv-rotted imagination, I freeze up. So why am I taking this class, when I'm sure to embarrass myself further? Simply, I don't have to get up any earlier to go to it, it's only two days a week, and I already have a lot of junk on my hard drive I can throw out there in a true emergency.


Songs I've been listening to (because the space at the bottom is not large enough):
Southern Man by Neil Young - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJwS38YH1iw
A Woman in Love (It's Not Me) by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm2JWykYZmE
Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) by Neil Young - Like, no passable versions on YouTube.
Refugee by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnOfpIJL0M
M4 Part II by Faunts (combo breaker!) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISlB1IdUjI

No comments:

Post a Comment