Monday, January 18, 2010

reposts, vol 10

(Graduation night, 2007)

This has been a most odd fucking school year.


New schedules, new friends, football, a major surgery, a half-assed romantic interest in a girl who barely knows I exist, and, the pinnacle, tonight, where I manged to dodge the shame of not graduating with my class, despite being absent for probably about half of the school year, and just plain ditching one of my classes for the last two months of school.


Tonight, I saw people I hadn't seen since I first came to Cobre High. Alternakids, Opportunikids, and the one guy who slept in his car for the vast majority of junior year. Amazingly, only one pregnant girl, and only the 4 people with kids, er, that I know of.

Some random thoughts on graduation night, where I myspace it as opposed to going out drinking like the cool kids. (doing that tomorrow)

The kids I didn't like when I first came to Cobre are now my circle of friends. But if they ask what spry is again, I'll stab them.

There are more girls in college willing to date a fat loser, or so I hope, because Western is my last shot at having sex again before I hit 20.

I look pimp in pigtails.

One of my best friends defied expectation by coming to graduation sober, and with a cap and gown, as opposed to having sold them for pot.

Eric Maez deserved his standing ovation.

I may be the only person in Cobre High history to have graduated while sporting muttonchops.

Jimmy has a really hot sister.



That's all for tonight, kids. With my sudden abundance of spare time, I'll join the loser's legion of myspacers.

No comments:

Post a Comment