Saturday, March 6, 2010

reposts, vol 13

My last weekend of gluttony has begun.


Why a diet became so important to me so suddenly isn't known to me. What is clear, however, is my low chance of success. I love eating unhealthy things, and while I don't actually eat a whole lot, what I do eat isn't conducive to a healthy lifestyle. I doubt that I'll stick to eating nothing but spinach, chicken, and salmon for several months, but it's worth a shot.

A woman in some of my classes is consistently outperforming me. I am angered.

I shouldn't feel bad. She's obviously bright, has a couple decades on me, and probably actually studies. The problem is, as ever, my massive ego.

During most periods of my life, I've been able to outsmart those who are dumber than me, and outwit those who are smarter than me. Often, I can do this without anything but cursory preparation. I got a 90% on my World Civ test, with only the study I gained from my previous class to go off of. I got an 87 percent on my courts test, despite missing several days and not even having the book.

This goddamn woman got two 95's. Admittedly, our unadjusted Courts scores were 85 and 90, but she had the gall to show up to class and get the extra credit. It sort of bugs me, to be perfectly honest. She's rather nice, but I may have to hate her. I've always had trouble understanding people who were so driven to get good grades. Point of fact, I generally dislike them, with individual exceptions of course. But, then, I guess that's why I'm killing time in a teacher's college and don't know what the hell I want to do with my life.

Let's face it, kids. All I have going for me is the brain. I'm not athletic. I'm not attractive. I'm not smooth. I'm smart, and when the occasion requires, angry. If I can't even depend on my mind to pull me out of the crowd, it may come to the point where all I have to fall back on is rage. Since I'm weak, and to be honest, a bit of a pussy, this can only lead to bad things, like ending up in jail, where I would be considered a torn one-dollar bill to the population.

Just in case, in addition to my diet, I'm lifting weights. Because I hate butt rape. Well, my own, anyway. I don't care about the rest of you, as always. Of course, Toots would likely welcome the rough play, so maybe he needs to get the rage too.

On that note, I try (and likely fail) to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I've written my own Loser Manifesto: http://nathania.org/wiki/Essay:The_Loser_Manifesto

    I've also written a lot with regard to fatness. See http://nathania.org/wiki/Essay:Why_do_I_love_fat_women

    ReplyDelete